Monday, March 30, 2015

Still on the fence...continue skating?

Its been quite sometime, that I've posted anything on my blog.  Just so much has happen these past couple of months, with my hubby and his heart attack and triple bypass and my 4 biopsy for uterine cancer (which all came back negative) thank goodness - but down the road I will need surgery.

I had to put skating on hold and focus on the family and my business.  Trying to make ends meet with 2 jobs (weddings, and real estate) its just tough right now.  But by the grace of God, our family is surviving to say the least.  God only knows what is best for us and that is for sure!!

So, I am on the fence to continue with my passion and skating, I have so many dreams and goals but I am having second thoughts - not because I am scared or fear but just thought of not reaching my potential.  I want to pass my bronze test and I am worried "if I don't pass this time around"(again) and I really want to go to Vegas for Nationals in October (which I want to go) but then again its the $$$, coaching, ice time etc.   Its just so frustrating, I need more ice time to get in and work on my free skate test but its just not happening.   Its a tough decision and I really need your help - appreciated any suggestions, and advice you all can give me!!

Happy Skating!!

5 comments:

  1. Never walk away completely. If you need to take a longer break than you've taken, that's fine. The ice will always wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish things was like is use to be. To skate with no expectations and I guess I am having cold feet with this test, and I just want to get over with. If I dont pass - my skating will definitely change.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Then DO skate with no expectations, if that's what you want. Honestly, nobody is forcing you to test or to compete - if you feel your coach is putting pressure on you to do so, then get a new coach! Or spell it out very, very clearly that that's not what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coach is very understanding especially with my situation. She rather not push me but go with just test when ever I am feel I am ready.

      Delete