Sunday, March 17, 2024

My Longtime Goal Has Come True

*GREAT NEWS*
It's along time waiting but I am SO THRILLED to announce that I am in remission! The best news I've ever received from my doctor.  My struggle was tough for for the past five years, but I am so happy and blessed that I can go on with my life and don't have to worry about medications, shots, no more weekly infusions and treatments..wahoo!!

As to figure skating and practice, so glad that I can skate now every Saturday, and yes I did change rinks. I now skate at Daytona Ice Arena and I love it!! 

In January I was approached by the rink director and was asked if I was interested in teaching Learn to Skate and I was ecstatic and said YES!! This was my longtime goal and dream, my chance to share my skills and knowledge of the sport I dearly love. 

So, I jumped at the opportunity and ran to my computer and made it my goal to take all the appropriate tests as well as "Safe Sport" requirements and passed with high marks!! 

Yeah!!! It's official I am a Learn to Skate USA instructor!!! So proud of my self and happy for this opportunity. 

The best satisfaction is watching students learn and improve week by week, their smiles when they pass their class. I love what I do, and don't ask for anything more but to teach and share my love of skating.

Age is just a number, goals and dreams do come true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment