Friday, October 25, 2013

Count Down to Test Day

Test Day!!
Going to test my bronze free skate and I can't believe that its one week away and I am feeling; nervous and anxious. I've been working so hard all summer trying to get all my elements and jumps to passing level.  

Trying to stay positive and confident though I trust myself and my skating, sometimes my nerves gets the best of me....I've competed for 7 1/2 years, its a different feeling when it comes to testing.  Heart is beating 300 miles a minute, mouth is so dry, everything around you is a blank....and somehow have to stay poised and graceful....while your legs feel like jello...oh yeah and have 4 judges starring at you every step of the program and to think that its over so quickly lol

I am so thankful to all my skating peeps for being so encouraging and supportive.  But some how I feel deep down - I don't want to let anyone down  like my family and friends...if I don't pass - its a thought that is lingering in my mind.  I will not write anything negative about any of my jumps or spins....keeping positive and will go out there with no expectations.

I will be skating my free skating program to music 1.50 min and will have required elements and jumps...though I have to show good flow and technical performance though not mastered.  You are allowed 2 re-skate element.

Here is the breakdown
Required jumps: Toe loop, Salcow, 1 single jump (skating a loop jump)
Combination jump: Waltz/toe loop jump
Required Spins (3 rev): Back Spin and Sit Spin
Connecting moves throughout

All and all I will go out there and skate with my heart and fight for each jump and spin(s) with conviction and no matter what, there will always be another chance.  
Hoping for the best!! 





6 comments:

  1. You should never feel like you are letting anyone down, especially your family and your friends! I don't know your family, but I am sure they want you to skate for yourself, and are proud of you for doing something that you love so much! They will never be disappointed in you for not passing a skating test. They may feel bad for you, but I know they are proud of no matter what the outcome! The fact that you are out there trying and skating your best is enough to make anyone proud of their loved one. Good luck on your test! I know how bad nerves can be, but try to relax and enjoy yourself....and remember to enjoy the fact that you have the whole ice all to yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words of advice. I will try to relax and not stress these coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you best wishes and positive thoughts as you prepare for your test! Your family will be proud of you no matter what because you're setting an example of someone who sets goals, works towards them, and follows your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your best wishes, but I might not be testing this upcoming weekend. Tragically a skater collided with me yesterday, she was skating backwards and I just had stepped out of the music box as I glided while putting on my gloves and BAM bucked heads I fell and hit my head on the ice...and was knock unconscious...as I came around I began vomiting...EMT can and rushed me to the ER...long story short "head injury" CT cleared no brain swelling or fluids....I am on a 24 watch now resting....not sure now what to do hopefully I will make my decision on Saturday. Happy Skating

      Delete
    2. That is just horrible! I hope you have no long term effects from the head injury. The test can wait - your health is most important.

      Delete
    3. I just updated my blog post, and wrote about how everything happen. Thank you so much...I hope there are no long term effects. I am going to wait and see til Saturday make my decision, if not I will just scratch. But I am devastated, but recovery is most important. Happy Skating
      Ps, would love to know who you are...so sweet!!

      Delete