Thursday, October 4, 2012

Competing this season!!

Today's Practice:
I must say that my lesson today was a productive one. Worked on MIF for the next upcoming test session and worked on program(s) for competition.  I've been working and training since summer, and I feel I am ready, there is some areas that I can work on but some how my coach is debating whether I should test or not this time around or is she just trying to push me to work harder, hmmm maybe?.  I should go for it whether I pass or re-test!! - it will be a learning experience and will help me to work on what needs correcting.
Question: How would we know where we are lacking if we don't take that chance and go for it?

First Season Competition:
YES, I decided to face my fears and admit to myself that its okay if I had a bad skate this year!! I can't seem to understand why I am so hard on myself.  Doesn't mean I am a bad skater and sometimes we have our days. Even the best of best elite skaters have bad days and not so good competition outcome.  It doesn't define who or what kind of skater I am, simply to analyze my performance and focus on what is lacking. I am hoping that with summer practices will surface at this upcoming competition.  I won't set my expectations high, just in case - I will skate and do my very best and move on "Que sera, sera"

 My friend quoted this "If you give it your all and do your
 best, your best is always the best" by SMD. 

Artistic:
My music is from Etta James "At Last" I am skating this piece for my hubby.  I hoping and praying that he comes and see me skate, oh yes!! he doesn't like coming to the rink and sit for hours, it not his cup of tea.  He rather pay and see it on video, but this one special one for me.  However, if this program turns out to be a good one its a keeper for Adult Eastern Sectional 2013!

Happy Skating

No comments:

Post a Comment