Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Test

Watching the Prudential Figure Skating Championships completely inspired me just watching all those amazing skaters. I heard the story from Ashley Wanger, the Gold Medal Winner and I said to myself  "self"  I would love to do that one day - so after thinking about it and with the support of my family, I've decided to give it a try and test USFS. I would love to go and compete at Adult Sectionals or Adult Nationals one day.

I have a terrible phobia just the thought of "TEST" gives me the "ibby jibbies" I've been putting it off every year I've been skating.  I have tested ISI and right now my level is ISI FS Silver.  To be quite honest I feel now I am ready for USFS- technically, mentally!  Have to go back to the drawing board and get my MIF and Free Skate from beginner to high level this will be a challenge - we are talking major leagues here people.

I should've done this (tested) earlier on when I first started skating, but can't move back the clock.  I have a wonderful support group and will seek guidance from all my skating friends - which I am sure will have tons of questions.  This is the test format:  Adult Pre-Bronze Level III, Bronze, Silver and my goal is to rich GOLD level but we'll see - remember I am not no spring chicken.  Things tend to be a whole lot different at my age, but lets hope for the best.  One test, one level at a time!!   Wish me luck!!

Remember Age Is Just A Number

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good for you. It is never to late to skate as you are well proving. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement - I so need it. There is a lot of pressure for me. These test levels are more demanding than ISI. But, If I fail, which I hope I dont, I will try again until I pass. Heck I took my RE Licenses 3x and passed.
      Diana

      Delete
  3. Good for you! You'll be sporting the "Gold Medal" jacket in no time with your attitude and persistence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about the Gold Medal, but I am so down with the jacket lol. I do have high hopes for myself, that is what keeps me motivated and going. Thanks so much sk8rTif

      Delete
  4. Good luck and have fun!! :) Rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my cheerleader Jayna!!!
      I will post my progress as I pass or fail, which ever comes first.
      God Bless
      Diana

      Delete
  5. We're all behind you, sweetie. You go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your support. I thought I sent you a message, but guess didn't go.
    So, my pre-bronze test is in June
    Bronze test is in June or August. All depends on my bronze free skate (FS) element (back spin) eehhkk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One day at at time my friend and be sure to have fun and make friends along the way. I'll be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, that is key, one day at a time and one test at a time and without injury!!

      Delete