Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Never thought this day would come.....Skated Today!!

DID IT!!! LISTEN TO DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!! SO NICE TO BE BACK!!!

Thought this day would never come!!!  I did have an amazing time on the ice....skated my first lesson back from head injury.....WOW how time flies.  I was received with warm hugs and smiles from all my skating peeps.  I am so thankful and blessed.


I have to say that I was scared and paranoid at first but then as I warmed up and kept close to the boards I was okay!!....not to mention my coach was protecting me like a little duckling :)....One thing that will never leave you....is the chill in your body and the smell of the ice....how I missed that.

Coach started with some forward stroking, cross cuts then some cross strokes after that concentrated on my 3 turns, dbl 3s....mohawk sequence etc. WOW she was so impressed with my control and smoothness, I guess being off the ice did some good hahha!!.  She tried to up it up a notch and wanted to see my waltz jumps and salcows.  Did a really nice sal/toe with good height and that was the end of those jumps coach did not want to over work me.   I love my coach, she is so understanding, caring...and she has a good heart....she was so happy to see me back on the ice too :)  Thank you Coach Lynn :)

After my lesson was over, I was on my own for the next 30 minutes and decided to work on some back spins and must say that they were not so bad....I tried to do a sit spin but it did not happen, I guess I am asking to much of myself on my first day back.  I focused on where my confidence will keep on a positive note, and not focus on stuff that will just depress or frustrate me.

Well on a short note:  No matter how long you're are away from the  ice....its the feeling you get when the wind is hitting your face as you skate "PRICELESS"
Happy Skating

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Seashells!! Looking forward to my skating and progress as the weeks pass. I will be skating again on Friday morning have a lesson at 9 a.m. Hopefully I will be less timid and more confident :)
      Happy Skating

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fernan!!! I had a great lesson today, coach had me working on back spins and did a quick run though of my free skate without music....all my jumps are good and the only thing that is questionable is my sitspin but its only my first week back. I am so happy to be back :)

      Delete