Monday, September 29, 2014

Back On Track

I've been away for 2 months and skating was not in my agenda. With life, you are not ready for what ever is in-store for you....and for me I had to deal with my health, that I rather not discuss it here.  I do thank my loving family for their support and my skating peeps who was there for me through tough times.  I am very blessed!!!

I decided to skate today and just give it a shot!  As I mentioned in my past posts when I skate - I go with the mind-set of the "no expectations" this way I do not set myself for failure.  

Today's Skate:
So, I decided to skate my silver moves first to get the feel and get warmed up.  Felt a little timid at first but then managed to skate with more confidence.  Built up the courage to skate a run through of my free skate in 3 parts without music and no jumps (trying to play it safe).  I then, however, took the chance to skate my program with jumps.  Have to say that my second run through was way better and my jumps were clean as well my back spin - it felt great (5 revs) I did not skate my sitspin since I just got back from a long break.  

Its time to get back on track!!!

What I take from this?
Its been a tough journey and I am learning to live my life with its imperfections. Its a joy to just skate and feel the ice again. I have a new journey and skating will lessen my pain.


Happy Skating!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you're back on the ice! Hope you can still get your Bronze FS test in. I am working hard on my sit spin and all the jumps for the program. Maybe December I can try testing. But I have decided if it doesn't happen, or I don't pass, life will go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, but unfortunately I will not be testing in November, coach says that I am not strong enough for my program since I've been away from the rink for 2 mos. This is hard for me since I worked so hard this past summer. But there is next time and most likely no Adult Nationals either.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I am sorry! I may get the same news from my coach as well - coach is working with me on test elements and knows my goal is AN2015 but hasn't mentioned any test dates yet. You're right,we always have another time! Hope your daughter had a good time at National Showcase. My club sent a few skaters and they had a blast.

      Delete
  2. I know, coaches knows best!!! and I will continue my progress and hope for the best. My daugher and her team tide for third place and got 4th in the Nation. My dream one day to compete at ANs when I dont know, but I do know is I will make it there!!

    ReplyDelete