Monday, May 28, 2012

ISI Conference Champ. Recap

I had a an amazing time at the 2012 ISI Conference Championships at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den

Let's Recap:
Two days of sleepless nights, the nerves is eating you alive and to make matters worse you have to skate in front of  4 judges and your fate is in their hands!!!!  Got the nerve and did it and finally its all over. Now I  can relax, re-coop and look at the videos and pictures and criticize all the mistakes and the "should of - would of" moments".

Despite my health and the loss of my Dad one month ago this weekend, this competition was a "Tribute".  I am proud of myself  for going out there and skate for him.

Artisitic - 2nd, Dramatic - 2nd and Open Silver 3rd
Adult Production Number - 1st.  

Tribute to my Dad "Ave Maria" 2nd Place
Hats off to all the Adult Skaters who competed this weekend - you guys ROCK!!!! Let me just say this; "it doesn't matter what level you are, how old you are, the matter of the fact is that you got the courage and the will to face our fears and skate with our hearts" and the most important things is that we did it -YOU did it!

Open Silver 3rd
Best dress I've made by far!
All the practices, all the falls, injuries, tears and heartache - its all well worth it!  I said it before and say it again, this is a tough sport and it doesn't matter HOW you place, everyone is a "Winner" .

Special thanks to all the volunteers - everyone did a great job! couldn't have done it without you!

My next competition is Clearwater Championships June 15-17th but my biggest challenge is in two weeks testing USFS and I have to focus and hope to God that I pass.

"Skate with your heart, because the music is in your heart"
 by Coach Laws








5 comments:

  1. Good luck on that testing. Breath, breath, breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My journey never stops, right? I will try to get my composure and hopefully not fall (toe pick) and automatic re-try that would a boomer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and well written! <3 You did an amazing job. I'm so proud of you. I love that you skated with your father in your heart. I too lost my father this past year in December. They will never be too far from us when they reside in our hearts! Great job! ~ Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I try to post from the heart where everyone can relate, maybe not always to skating but similar...So sorry for your loss, its not easy but they will always live in our hearts for ever!!! <3

    ReplyDelete