Thursday, August 2, 2012

Skating Season Begins

August 2012 to June 2013 marks the beginning of the next skating season for all those amazing, champions and elite skaters.  It's what  they've been training for months.   As for myself its just the same routine; practice, testing and most likely compete USFS Competitions in the local level.  Completely new territory for me competing USFS for the very first time will be challenging.  I've competed ISI for 6 1/2 years which it has helped me compete with confidence, mentally and emotional which will play a heavy role in this new endeavor of mine.

SO glad to be back at my home rink after a week off (vacation).  I was a bit rusty but after I warmed up, it felt real nice to be back.  Like the saying says; "with a good skate - you have to have some falls to make it right".  

Unavoidable:

Of course, I manage to hit the ice a couple of times today.  Fell really hard on my flip jump that sucked the air out of me!! but got up and kept on going.  Fell on my sit spin trying to get lower and I landed on wrist and my left hip "not good", I thought I sprained it but no, its ok "I'll live" other than that, it was a good skate.

Today's recap:

We worked on my adult bronze moves of course. I practice these moves so much, that I see them in my dreams - geeez!!  My power 3s and pattern are real good just have to work on my down and up rise on my right and left mohawk sequence.
Finally:
My Free Skate - which I've been working really hard to get lower on my sit spin - its getting there but sometimes its so frustrating .  The back spin that I lost 2 years ago is showing its light.  Yes!!! finally my backspin is back!! even though its a hit or miss, but today it was a "HIT".

Test: Adult Bronze MIF 
  • Forward and Backward Perimeter-Power Stroking
  • Forward Power 3 Turns
  • Alternating backward crossovers to backward outside edges
  • Foward Circle Eight
  • Five-step Mohawk Sequence
Test: Adult Bronze Free Skate
  • Three different single jumps: Salcow, Toe Loop,  Loop or Flip
  • One combination jump: waltz/toe loop jump
  • Back spin (3 rev)
  • Sit spin (3 rev)
  • Connecting moves, steps and edges, foot work

It's sad that summer is almost over!! I have to say, had a great summer.  Now my training and focus begins, testing is in the works.  Hope and praying for a Pass!!

Patience, Prayer and Perseverance is the Key to Success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment