Monday, July 30, 2012

Who Would Ever Know

At Montebello, New York 2012 Family Reunion

What ended up being a semi-vacation and a family reunion with Floridians and Canadians ended up to be such a wonderful experience.  The family reunion was a success and got to be with family I haven't seen in years.

What was truly fascinating was the fact that 14 years ago, we had decided to go and spend the holidays with our family up North.  We wanted to do something different so we all decided to go skating.  There was a skating rink not to far from our relatives but the funny thing was I have never seen a skating rink inside a mall before and to me this was amazing!!!

Me and Christina
July 27, 2012
Here we are today skating at the Palisades Center Skating Rink "AGAIN" 14 years later - simply magical. This time around it was just me, Christina, Juliana and Nilsa (my sister).  The best part of all, the rink gave us an extra hour of  ice time "What"? that was really exciting, yeah!! more ice time!!!  Thank you so much Palisades Center Skating Rink!!!
Me and my daughters
Christina and Juliana
"Who Would Ever Know" that 14 years later I would be an adult figure skater as well as my daughter Christina (4 years old at that time) would grow up to be such an amazing skater.  Even though Juliana is not a figure skater, however, she loves DJ Skate and public session.  I've been teaching her forward and backward swizzles and crossovers which she is doing very well.  Her dream is to with all of us in a a group number in Spring Show 2013.

My Loves
Christina, Nilsa and Juliana
Skating always brings a smile to everyone no matter if its your very first time lacing up skates or you're a experienced skater, some how skating with the ones you love, makes it even more special.  Moments to cherish for ever!!  I must say this was the best vacation ever.

Enjoy Life!! Enjoy Family!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could be part of history!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. History in the making!!! You sure did an awesome job!! I see a future skater... Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete