Monday, September 3, 2012

Now Comes Free Skate

September 3, 2012
I am SO excited that finally after passing my adult pre-bronze MIF and adult pre-bronze free skate this summer was such an accomplishment.  As I move forward with my skating goals, now I have to focus on putting together a Free Skate program with the help of my Coach(s).

I trained hard this whole summer to correct my skating performance in the ISI Conference Championships competition back in May. To be quite honest it was not my best performance due to the fact that I lost my dad 3 weeks prior and had just gotten my program together only 2 weeks before then and not to mention that my nerves got the best of me... well enough of the blame game....can't cry over spilled milk!! only have to clean it up....

I know... I've mentioned in my previous blog post that I was debating whether or not to compete anymore but the best thing of setting goals is that you can always change your mind.  There is a upcoming USFS Adult Eastern Sectional (non-qualifying) competition in 2013 that I've been wanting to compete in for quite sometime. Seriously I can't let this chance pass me by.

Adult Singles Standard Free Skate Program:
Adult Pre-Bronze (equivalent to ISI FS 1 - FS 4)

Music duration: 1.40
Single and 1/2 Jumps are permitted
Salcow = S
Toe loop = L
Waltz Jump = W (1/2 rev jump)
Flip = F
Loop = LO
1 Combination Jump:
any of the above jumps in combination(s)
No Axels or Lutz are permitted

Spins: (no flying spins are permitted)
Maximum: 2
Revolution: 3

I am looking forward to skating a program at my current level and at the same time get it ready for 2013.  If I'm not mistaken, (tell me if I am) since my test level is adult pre-bronze, I can skate up one level which is Bronze at local competitions but not sure about AES.  Only in Adult Nationals you have to compete at your current test level.  I am confident with both levels, however my goal is to compete from the bottom and move my way up as I progress in levels.  It might take some time to get there since USFS testing is a whole lot harder. I have to admit that I am indeed a rookie and new to this level of competition and requirements for IJS or 6.0 scoring system, I am sure with coaching, practice and confidence it will all pan out.

I will be updating this post frequently and will add my free skate program on video soon... Also will post my free skate dress that I am designing.   stay tuned...

Happy Skating


9 comments:

  1. I love your blog! If you plan to compete at USFS Adult Nationals in 2013, you must pass your Bronze FS test first. You cannot 'skate up' a level at Adult Nationals unlike many local competitions. I don't know the deadline for passing the test, but it might be as soon as December 2012 or January 2013, so keep that in mind. Can't wait to see pictures of your new dress - you are an amazing dress creator! Good luck as you pursue your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my comment wasn't very clear. I meant to add that Adult Nationals doesn't offer Pre-Bronze FS level. Bronze FS is the lowest level - that's why you have to pass your Bronze FS first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for following with my blog. I am not planning on competing Adult Nationals 2013, however I will in 2014 by then I should much more ready and prepared. There is Adult Eastern Sectional in my state that I want to compete. I looked at last years AES Annoucement and there is Pre-Bronze event(s) (please tell me yes!!)

    My coach would rather me compete at pre-bronze instead of testing in November Bronze and place last at Sectionals (that's for sure).

    All Bronze skaters are higher and better skaters, I am not saying that I am not a good skater, I just want to present a Program that is clean, effortless and at the same time artistic.

    Also I would like to place between 1 -4th place and get my photo on the podium and start from the bottom up.

    Hope and praying for a Pre-bronze events in 2013 AES Announcements, I cant stand the waiting eerrr.

    Happy Skating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me go and edit my post or read "Adult Eastern Sectional" Instead of National competition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adult Sectionals should have Pre-Bronze events for free skate and for artistic events, so you should be all set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a relief!!! I did not know you could skate Artistic? That's great!! I am so excited, I cant wait!!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't stress out too much about USFS Bronze level, as ISI Silver you've already been skating at or above the USFS Bronze for some time now. Especially if you've been working on your axel. You'll find that Pre-Bronze skaters are typically more confident with the half jumps. Other than having maximum or minimum required elements its pretty much the same as ISI. See you at AES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always stress no matter what!!!!! its my nemesis anytime I have to test or compete lol. But, I've been FS4/5 for almost 3 years now and finally I feel comfortable with my skating, just like when I was FS3 level. I'll try not to stress but I am really looking forward to AES it will be my first. I hope I can skate my best and not panic. I will practice my mental techniques etc.
    Thank you so much for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete