Sunday, October 21, 2012

Monster Mash ISI Competition Recap

October 22, 2012
I have to say! this weekend was awesome!! I manage to skate my two programs very well. All my skating dresses have been put away and all the hard work really paid off!!! The falls and bruises I sustained these pass couple of months is my badge of honor.  I will never trade it for anything else...keep skating and don't stop.

Competition Recap:
Decisions:
Coach decided to take out my flip jump because its was under-rotated.  I have to admit that when she first told me that, I felt like a knot on my throat.  I said to myself, "I worked so hard to get this jump and now I can't skate it in my program"  We sat down and she explained to me how it works: 1. If she would have left it in, it would have gotten marked down with deductions. 2. We substituted with a jump sequence right after a spiral. Why?  well, you'll get more points for the execution of the combination and doing it from a spiral edge.

Overall it was the best decision - I skated well and I didn't have to worry about not landing my flip. Sometimes, its in the back of your head and there is like a mental fear just when you're approaching your  entry....its a terrible feeling when you have to rethink yourself:  Its the "should I? or should I not do the jump"?

Sunday, October 21, 2012
Open Silver Program:
Happy that my blades did smile on me today! There was some little mistakes but I can work on them.
I skated my artistic program yesterday and I must say it was so beautiful to skate to that song "I get chills just listening to it" yet alone to skate to it.  I got first place!! I loved every minute of it.  I receive lots of compliments on my dresses.

 It was so nice to be around all my skating friends and watch them skate cheer them on.  Everyone did an awesome job!! and had a great time, the outfits/costumes were stunning as always.

Saturday, October 20th 6:02 pm
Artistic Program: First Place
Free Style 4
Program 1.30 min
Music: At last by Etta James
Artistic Program
Sunday, October 21st 10:30 am
Open Silver Free Style
Level 4
Program: 2.0 min
Music: The feeling begins by Peter Gabriel
Open Sliver Free Style 4 
Skate to the Book:
 I did however, skate against the book but it doesn't mean that you'll get "first place".  The judges will take your program apart and they will determine if you earned first place.

Judges Criteria:
1. Correctness
2. Variety of moves
3. Choreography and Pattern of the program
4. Music interpretation, Posture and  Presentation.

Sometimes making a decision that maybe you might not agree, it is for the best!! and  I am so glad that we did.  To have a great coach that looks out for you and your performance is a blessing.  Always listen to your coach, whether you might think you want and can do an element, your coach knows and understands how the judging system works.  I know she made the right decision for me and my skate.  Thank you Coach Lynn.

Happy Skating

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashley!! I worked so hard to get this far and it all paid off. Didn't get to skate my flip, but its okay no worries I have to work on it, I am very determined. Hopefully by next year I can get my programs cleanly.
      I will be working now on my USFS Free Skate and I can't wait!!

      Delete