Thursday, November 1, 2012

No Rush

November 1, 2012
Skating today was a successful one indeed!!

Finally my skating is back to normal - actually getting use to my blades and more comfortable with my skating position and center core.  I just want to say a special thanks to all my skating peeps for all your advice and support!!

Quotes of the day:
A good friend of mine told me "I decided not to *rush* my skating and I am in a good place and content with my training"  by AWM

"5 minute barrier time for working on elements that you aspire to do; example: for me it is spread eagle so time at the barrier taking each part at my own pace until I feel ready to try it on open ice and build on it" by RC

Spins update:
I did some real nice camels with good revolution "5" Yeah!! and sit spins trying to center and get a little lower without straining my lower back - slowly but surely.  Also, initiated some good back spins - so happy!!.

Jump attempt:
Manage to land 2 nice loop/loop jumps which is a difficult jump because its on a back outside edge and you have to ride the edge and jump in a back spin position.

Practice Session:
This was a eye opening moment for me, because today I decided not to *rush* my skating and just focus on my elements; MIF, stroking making sure my edges and leg extensions are in sync.  There after I moved to my jumps; decided to just work on my entry for my flip jump: FLI edge w. FLO3turn and just hold it and jump up (no turning) this will help me get the control I need.

I have a new outlook for my future skating as well as my new mindset "No Rush" there will always be ice time, and there will always be days where you need a break, but never RUSH your skating, take your time, testing can wait and competitions will come and go....Don't dwell on a bad skate or a re-try on a test, take it one day at a time and don't rush it....lesson learned!!

2 comments:

  1. First, I LOVE your new layout.

    Second, I concur. During my first competition *a few weekends ago* I reminded myself *mentally* my goal was to learn how to skate, not to be perfect, but to LEARN.

    Therefore, I was slow and steady. My greatest fear was tripping on my left crossover (since I'm not used to picking up my blade to cross) or sliding on my left t-stop. Well, I survived and executed my elements. I didn't trip and I didn't slide! :)

    Our goal is to learn a new sport, right...so perfection doesn't start or end with LEARNING. :o) Learning is continuous! And so is this blog...thanks for sharing! <3

    And THANKS TO YOU...I purchased my first competition video because what I've learned from yours...so I hope one day to help someone like me the way you have!

    Hugs and Skating LOVE,
    Me *Summer*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where to start, I am touched!! Thank you so much for your warm and kind words....I am so glad that I can help and inspire to do what you love.

      Whether its a cross-over or and double jump the same mindset applies to take it slow and you have proved to yourself that you did it.

      What an accomplishment!!! Congrats

      We all have to creep before we walk and yes, we fall but somehow, our minds works quick and we brush it off and keep going !!

      I love to see myself on video this helps me better myself and my performance, I don't do it to show off or be selfish. Its a learning experience.

      God Bless you and hugs :-)

      Delete