Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back On The Ice Again!!

Finally, I am healed and back on the ice!!

April 2, 2013 - Today's skate recap:
I was scared in a way...but I laced up my skates and felt the cold and the smell of the ice just hit me, what a feeling its is to step into the rink!!  I was overwhelmed by everyone so supportive and so glad to see me back on the ice.

I took it slow and at first I just did some stroking, and power pulls then worked on my MIF and  I believe I went thru my moves about 2x.  After worked on my back 3s and double 3s and so happy that I got a nice edge on them.  Took a couple of  5 min breaks and started working on my spins, at first I was hesitant to try my sit spin and camel but after a couple of tries, I was in my zone!!  Its funny, but there was like a voice in the back of my head telling...."don't do it" but then again my body was telling me different.  Its hard to explain, I think its the fear of re-injuring myself again - most importantly for me it was actually getting the courage to do it.

It was so nice to see all my skating buddies doing their thing and at a glance I noticed my daughter (Christina) working on her lutz jump and I was so tempted to try some jumps too...got the nerve to actually try some waltz, sal and loop jumps and realized that I can actually jump without pain or pulling.  My daughter decided to *coach* me on my lutz. She said "hey mom, let me see your lutz"? so decided to warm up my entry with hesitant and soon after she corrected my entry and *wha la* nice lutz but not fully rotated which is ok still is a working progress. Thank You Christina!!!...of course did my happy dance...I could not stop smiling!!! From this moment on it will only get better...my mind-set is much different and my perspective to my skating has changed drastically.

Sometimes your body talks to you and at the same time it takes an injury to actually tell you "hey, listen time for a break" so, I listened and took the time to heal and it was so worth the wait.

Patience And Time Heals Everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment