Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Competition is over, What's next?

Adult Nationals came and gone!! I am so inspired by all the Adult Skaters, and some were my dear friends who competed!! I am so proud of all of them, such amazing skaters!!! They inspire me to one day have the opportunity to compete at Adult Nationals....heck maybe Salt Lake City 2015!!!

I competed Florida Open so what is next from ME?.  Well, I have my goals that I did not accomplish...no let me rephrase that.  I accomplished my goal but it was not what I expected (my bronze test).  From a few months ago till today - I am proud of myself, despite the sickness I endured the past couple of weeks.  Though I took a 3 week break from skating because of my sickness...it did me good.  Why is that?  when you take time off and get back on the ice, all becomes clearer and simpler!!  I was worried at first that the moment I stepped on the ice....what if, or the could of, but I did.

Got back on the ice this week and it felt great!! I am back to my old self again, skating and trying new jumps and spins....my clarity is much clearer and I listened to all advice from my dear skating friends on my flip jump.....I had that jump a while back (1 yr ago) but had a bad fall and from then on had "a mental block" put a fear in me....but I had to over come it and stop putting excuses and just "go and do it for crying out loud!!"

There are some goals in my horizon that I will study and take it slow and see how my body can handle it.  I just want to enjoy the moment while skating.  I always like to document them and either here on my blog or in my little note book in my skate bag.

As always, whats sits in the back of my mind is the Bronze Test, I know I did well on my technical portion of the test, but now I have to worry and focus on my spins (eekkkk I hate spins) but I have ways to go and plenty of time to get there :) my back spin is getting more consistent and my sit still needs to be a bit lower

Oh did you hear??? The USFSA has changed the wording for the Adult Bronze Free Skate Testing to read "a recognizable sit spin" yes, you heard it !!! What does this mean, means I have a better possibility of passing my sit spin as opposed to the ISU IJS wording in the rule book.  Even though this will be implemented this season (I hope) I still have to work harder to get it lower no matter what!!!!

April 23, 2014
Skating practice was great!!! I manage to skate well and injury free....I did some really nice loop jumps, and finally landed my flip jump....still have to practice and get all my jumps clean!! I wont have a lesson until next week, but I will continue to practice and hopefully show my coach what I've been working on.....Oh sure, when you are on a lesson that's when everything goes down hill, right? but for now - practice, and practice if I ever want to pass that test and go to Salt Lake City :) :)

Thank you all for reading and Happy Skating


No comments:

Post a Comment