Monday, June 2, 2014

Frustration With My Skating?

Its been a crazy two months with work and my health issues, it seems that I had to put off my skating for a while.  Yes, I've sneaked in a practice and lessons or two but its not enough to really work on what I am lacking.  I have goals for the next couple of months, but now it am thinking and debating.

I know some of you have felt this way, and hope you can relate to my concerns.  Feeling discouraged at the moment, because I am trying so hard to work my elements to passing level and its just seems that when I gain progress on one element I loose on the other - for example; I finally got my sit pin to a decent level and lost my back spin - working on my flip jump and now my loop is a hit or miss.  Its frustrating, for me right now because 1. I need new skates and blades, my blades are shot and my boots are broken down 2.  I need some kind of motivation to get me going again.  3. August test session is a NO, since I will be traveling to Burbank with my daughter so the only time to test will be in November (again)!!.

I am seriously thinking about not competing anymore and going to give this one last TEST a try and if all goes well okay then, if not? then I will have to re-evaluate.  Its just hard to see some of my adults skating friends progress at a faster pace than I which makes it harder for me to understand the "how"

*Frustration* finding it harder to heal from injury and longer to grasp an element....my ultimate goal is to land my axel this year but that is diminishing since I am only 3/4s rotated and the injury and falls are just killing me.  Passing ISI FS5 in inevitable at this point.  ISI Adult Champs my not happen since I am traveling to CA with coaching fees and expenses $$$ will break my bank.

I don't want to give up on myself....skating is my life but at what cost.  This upcoming season will determine my fate for 2015 Adult Nationals.  I don't want to get my hopes up, because the let down is way more difficult to handle.  Will try hard to make time to skate and move forward but I am going in with no expectations.  I am open for any advice and encouragements!!

Happy Skating

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand your frustration completely! Most of what you wrote is how I feel about my skating, too. I am so tired of working on sit spin with no progress. My loop jump was really good 2 weeks ago and I even managed a loop-loop only to have everything go back to 'normal' the next time I got on the ice. My motivation is Adult Nationals but I can't skate just for that or I will be too crushed if I don't make it. I'm learning a new dramatic program so at least I have that to look forward to, and I have some competition opportunities in the fall. I hope your health issues get better soon and that your elements come back. I, too, get discouraged as I watch my skating friends pass by me, but we're all unique and progress at our own pace, and we have our own unique challenges, too. Sending you best skating wishes and hope we can meet at AN 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is frustrating at times. I too have started a new artistic program which I love, and keeps going. But my most concern is getting to the rink and practicing, getting consistent and hopefully pass my bronze test. Good news is that I am getting a pair of new Jacksons on Thursday!! Can't wait!! Hopefully these skates can help me with my back scratch and ease on my right ankle.
      Hope to meet you too at AN 2015 :)

      Delete