Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I had one of those "dreams"

I am pretty sure, that if you are a skater, no matter what level you are you at one point in your life you've have had "one of those dreams" of you skating jump or performing in a spotlight?

Last night I was so tired, mentally and physically that I slept straight through the night, I did, however, I had this dream; "I was in a small area (go figure) with a small sheet of ice and I was surrounded by people I've never met before, and somehow they were asking me about my skating and I said "well, I've been skating for 8 years" and one person asked can you do an axel?  I immediately responded why yes I can, and they said "oh lets see it, show us" and here I go, one after the other, bam bam.  I was in amazement!!

Funny, how you have these dreams - they seem so real and then you wake up and realize "holy crap" it was only a dream!!! It feels like such a disappointment, a let down because I know my axels are not there yet and my lutz needs much work - so why am dreaming that I can?  Its a question, I ask myself over and over - dreams like this happens to often.

Maybe its my subconscious telling me that deep down inside that I can do it but my physically and mentally is telling different?

Enjoy your journey - happy skating

No comments:

Post a Comment