Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Look who's back on the ice?

So, I am back on the ice from a long hiatus - almost eight months away from the ice.  Really glad that things are looking up and moving forward taking it one day at a time.

Monday's Practice:
Got on the ice and was a bit timid, butterflies in my stomach - my adrenalin was rising, but as I stroked around and warmed-up my moves in the field I began to feel the ice under me.

Manage to start on some single jumps; waltz jumps, salcowand toe loops - did them pretty nice but landing was a bit off - I think because I've been away so long - I lost the landing technique, but then it all came back to me.

Worked on my loop jump which up till today I am struggling to find the best entry; from an back edge or an forward inside 3-turn.  Decisions, decisions!!!  Began warming up my jump rotations for my flip and did a few bad ones - double footed, but I did manage to land a nice one. (its a bit blurry but you can see it)

My goal is to master this jump, and once I do that I can focus on my lutz.  Geering up to get my free skate program and test in the near future.   I am setting short term goals this year, because of my health but "all in all" just doing what I do best is "skate" and enjoy it every time I can even if its just once a week, I am happy.  

Happy Skating

No comments:

Post a Comment