Sunday, June 4, 2017

Hiring A New Coach

Hey Everyone!!
I was thinking a while back that I should go up North and take a training class this summer.  But I decided to save my money (that I would have spent on coaches, airfare, hotel and food) and just hire a coach here (I am still keeping my old) to help me with my program and elements. Many skaters have 2 coaches - it is costly, but you have to find a balance as well as both coaches have to work together.

When you have to make a tough decision like keeping your coach but still hire another one, it is best to be upfront with your coach, let him or her know; what are your goals, thoughts what you want to do, same time be honest and truthful.

It's okay to feel guilty...I did too but I have an amazing and understanding coach - she's the best!!  My new coach is great and tough at the same time in a very good way, she coached my daughter for many years and got her to the level she is today.  I am so excited and I can't wait to get started.  

This new addition has given me the FIRE IN MY BELLY" I've been missing for a long time!!  I feel deep down "I made the right decision"

Happy Skating 

No comments:

Post a Comment