Monday, March 12, 2018

Adult Bronze Free Skate "Pass"

I passed my Adult Bronze Free Skate!!!  YIPPY!!  WOOT WOOT!!  Finally, it was a long 4 years since my last test but here I am 9 months later with lots of training, hard work, practices and new not to mention changed coaches......but I did it!!!

Adult Bronze Free Skate (PASS)
Location: RDV Sportsplex Ice Den
March 11, 2018

Recap:
So, I arrived at the rink with a mindset that its a "do or die" and no turning back.  I have to admit that I was a bag of nerves and nothing was helping.  I always say "give me a competition any day and I am good" but testing is a whole other beast!!

Had a good 5 min warm-up, jumps were good, but my sit spins were not as expected....my knee kept locking up...I was in pain but I pushed through it. 

As the remaining skaters skated, now its my turn.  Judges called my name and skated to them and introduced my self ....they were so nice and pleasant.  They asked me "how I was doing?" and I told them "I am good, but I am nervous and my knees are like jello" they laughed so hard lol.....but as I took my position, I felt my legs shaking and I said to myself  "I got this".  I skated my best -  despite my knee issue...it was not a clean skate to say the least. 


RE-SKATE:
LOOP JUMP:  Popped it during my program (went in with to much speed after my foot work)
WALTZ/TOE:  I put my foot down after my toe loop landing

I am human and we all make mistakes this happens to the best of best skaters!!

Judges called me over and asked me to re-skate both jumps and I said sure no problem. Inside my head I said man "I've got this"....Boom!! NAILED IT!! both jumps CLEAN - HUGE and nice edge landing.  I was so happy that I did it and so glad its over!!

Reading the judges' remarks from the test sheets made my DAY for sure; Good Attack on Jumps" "Nicely Controlled Spins"  

Note to self...hard work, patience and determination really pays off...never give up on your dreams, never!!




No comments:

Post a Comment