Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Struggle Is Real

"The struggle is real having an autoimmune disease it is not for the faint of hearts and it does not discriminate"


 As you all know, I am still recovering from my recent lupus diagnosis - it's been a rough 9 months, but the good news that the treatments have worked and my autoimmune disease (lupus) is not attacking organs and tissues....it's in remission for now (with continued medications and blood work) I can now live a normal life.
Note: I changed my diet - gluten free, eat anti-inflammatory foods, drink turmeric/ginger tea,  take Omega 3 Red Krill Oil, 10,000 mg vitamin D weekly along with all prescribed medications

I miss the Ice -  but I will be back!
My struggle is real, I have pain throughout my body everyday, from getting up from bed to walk to the living was a huge undertaking. And now, I can walk up the street and go window shopping or just to the supermarket, with minimal shortness of breath or chest pains (can't drive still). "Don't take the little things for granted"

The issues that I am facing right now moving is; leukopenia, short-term memory loss, speech impairment. Recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy. But all said and done, its okay!! I will live life, laugh, cry when I want to, rest as much as needed and do what I love...skate! Skating cures everything!
Thank you everyone, for your thoughts and prayers!!! Love You.

PS: my dr. cleared me to skate for 1 day (restricted) no jumps, no spins and no speed. So, my birthday is on Thanksgiving so I AM SKATING the day before...woot woot!

Like Beyonce's songs says 
'I AM A SURVIVOR - NOT GONNA GIVE UP"

#lupusfoundation #fightforcure #lupuswarrior
 #ISkateForLupus

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are recovering!!! Hugs and prayers for you every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, everyday is a new day! Some days are very hard with so much pain, but then I have good days.

      Delete