Wednesday, December 27, 2023

A Merry Christmas Skate

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!!

So excited to be skating again!!
This is my second week of skating and I have to say, I loved every minute, every stroke.  Little by little I am getting back to basics and trying to remember the techniques learned.  This time around I am going to focus on myself, enjoy the moment and everything else will come. 

I worked on some spins and I have to say...not bad considering!! Jumps are getting there, small ones but happy I can jump and land no problem....it's the fear of falling lol!! When I get more confident with my jumps will post some videos....but they can definitely wait...no rush here.

Though it's going to be a long journey getting myself to comfortable level with skating. I have adopted Ashley Wanger's own perspective who took a 5 year long break from skating and just recently had her baby girl "Rosie." In her video she pointed out 1. To let go 2. No rules and 3. No expectations. "Just me and the ice" AW link to her video here. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxtXIp7pBoF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==




No comments:

Post a Comment