Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coach & Choreographer

Practice today:
Skating today was great !! Finally my skating is back to normal.  I am so happy with my boots and blades.    My coach was very impressed with my skating....she has noticed a real improvement  in my overall skating.  I am so glad she told me this because now I know all my hard work finally is showing its light.

My Coach:
Since I started skating, I always had a coach. Coach Lynn is my coach for about 7 years I've been very fortunate.  Hiring a coach and connecting and/or click is most important.  With a coach will come one on one techniques, moves, jumps, testing and competitions. He or she will train you, push you to your limit and what your body can perform at the same time provide a safety net - that us adult skaters need.  My coach is not just a coach she is my best friend.  She has molded me to the skater I am today.  From competitions to testing....she is strict and tough indeed, but for good reasons.  She's taught me power, discipline and patience.  She only expect the best from me and respect of  the sport.  She will not put me out there whether its a test or competition without full confident of myself and my skating "her name is on the line" !!  I listen to all her tips and advice for this is why I am where I am in my skating today!!

Choreographer?
I did however, hire coach Jill in the beginning to middle of this year along with Lynn, her main focus was getting me ready for MIF and testing - coach Jill is one of the best in her field.  But, it has come to a point in my skating that requires more coaching and ice time!!! With testing and competition its is time for another coach who can help me with my programs and competitions.  Finding a coach with the right time slot and availability is hard to come by.  The majority of all the coaches at our rink are already booked.  So, coach had mentioned that I should look into speaking with coach Alex for choreography for my free skate and artistic programs.  Coach Alex and Lynn is also coach Christina, so I feel really comfortable with this transition.

Having coach Alex as a choreographer will be a plus to my program(s).  I am so use to being in my comfort zone, however, this will be a challenge for me since I am so used to my coach but I am thrilled to have such a well-known, talented and an awesome skater - you can say that he is "fierce".  I hope that I can keep up with his skating and teaching - remember; "I am no spring chicken"  My issue is finding a balance and at the same time will I be able to connect.  I am I ready? that is the question..

I can't wait to get started and see how my progress and performance in my skating comes to pass.  Will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Happy Skating


No comments:

Post a Comment