Saturday, December 22, 2012

Skating 2012 Year Recap!!

I have to say that 2012 has come and gone too fast.and so much has happened  This year indeed had its challenges, ups and downs yet bitter sweet; Survived my hubby's heart attack, my dad's passing and my mom moving to Florida. I was diagnosed with a brain abnormality back in March which will limit me to my skating but it will not stop me!  Have to be very careful and try to avoid any head injury, and the least spins I perform on the ice is for the best.  I don't need to get a seizure or a brain stroke on the ice.

May 12, 2012
I landed my axel on Mother's day, Yahooo!!! I do have to work on it and get it higher and clean!! Its a working progress :) but I am happy with it.

Then,
To my excitement - was featured in the USFS Magazine June issue "Adult Corner" thanks to my blog post "The Test", where I mentioned that Ashley Wanger was my inspiration to begin my testing and future with USFS.  I was truly honored.  I have to give special thanks to all my followers and readers of my blog because your support and comments really encourage me to keep writing and share my skating journey.


I managed to stick to my 2012 goals and test and passed both MIF and FS Adult Pre-Bronze.  Competed at ISI National competition which was not my best skate. At one point I decided to give up on competing completely, but I had a change of heart and  vowed to improve and better myself and sure said done.

Had no choice but to upgrade to new boots and blades some how all this time I've been skating with the wrong size blade and boots lol.  Though the skates that I purchased were Harlicks, they were *used* but for a good price they work just fine.  When you're in financial situation, have to make due with what ever comes your way.   To be honest it was a nightmare, with blisters, falls and just pure torture trying to break them in, in a short note I love my skates.

Decided to compete again in October and give it one more try and redeem myself and I skated great! My jumps and elements have gotten much better, seen a big difference in my skating.  Had some minor injuries that still need healing but not so bad that I have to stop skating.

Now training hard for 2013 Skating Season and prepare for Sectionals which I am so excited yet nervous since this will be my very first USFS competition - praying and hoping for the best.  Also, gearing up for my next test Adult Bronze and hope for a pass.

So blessed to have met such amazing friends aka adult skaters via my blog and facebook - its funny how we have so much in common and share the same dreams and goals.  I am so thankful to the Lord for giving me this opportunity to live my dream and to share my thoughts with all of you.  

My last lesson for the year is next week Thursday.   Would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and Peach, Happiness and Prosperity for 2013!!

On A Quick Note:  Never give up! There will be times where it will be hard and you feel that you want to give up....no! don't listen to that "drunken monkey" positive mindset will over come your "fears" Fear not but Fear Itself, and always remember "Failure is not an Option, its a Choice"


Blessings to you and a Happy New Year!!
Happy Skating 


2 comments:

  1. Way to go. I was/am a big blogger. Stop by my blog sometime. I was just featured in the mag too. Very exciting I know. Congratulations on your 3000 visits and accomplishments.
    http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscilla for reading!! Congratulations to you too on the article featured!! I love skating and I love to blog about my experience and all my aches and pains. But most of all I love to read the comments here :)
      Happy Skating
      ps: I will go and visit your blog right now :)

      Delete