Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Skating with Friends Near and Far

Skating Today!!
I have to say that today was a wonderful day! Had the amazing opportunity to meet and skate with a few fellow *adult* skaters!  I met two new friends for the first time though we've communicated via facebook, It was a true blessing to see them in person they came all the way from Tampa and Ocala.

We skated on an almost empty rink and must say it was a great skate. Skating with adult skaters is great because we can all relate to our challenges and level.  We exchanged pointers and dislikes on the jump or spin we dread the most lol.  Teresa actually gave me some encouragement on my flip jump(which I screwed up), while she watched me skate my program she said  
Quote of the Day:  "come on Diana you can do it" 

these words were repeated in my mind over and over!! This I am so grateful for thank you Teresa.  Have to say that will have to do this again in the near future !!  Thank you Heather, Amy and Teresa for coming and skate with me. Oh PS: Amy you have an awesome lutz jump by the way !!


Did work on my program which I am feeling most confident every session....its a great feeling to skate clean and land some decent jumps (except my flip) its a hit or miss at its best today.  Trying to cope with this pain I've been having my right hip - have my good days and bad.  I found that when I stretch before I skate it doesn't hurt as much.

Well, I am off to my next blog post....Happy Skating, Peace and Merry Christmas to ALL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment