Monday, May 20, 2013

Skating in the a.m.

May 20, 2013
I don't know when last I skated a morning session but today was the day....I am not a morning person nor is my daughter Christina which she too skated this morning.  We looked so funny, walking to the rink from the parking lot looking like zombies lol....Trying so bad to get moving and wake-up but the only way was doing some off ice and jump rotations for starters.  One positive thing about skating a morning session is 1. It was not crowed like the afternoon session and 2. there were no munchkins crossing my way or teenagers socializing in the center of the ice.   It's always a treat to have the rink all to yourself and I am really thinking about skating again on Wednesday.

Practice/Lesson
I have to say that I worked on my MIF - feeling much confident and getting the counts and pattern correctly.  I am staying focused and progressing one session at a time. Coach put me on the harness today and it was so much fun a bit painful with my lower back but I love it when she pulls me up in the air....hehehe coach told "you need to put on some weight, you are so light" haha I am sorry but I just don't gain weight no matter what I eat (thyroid issues) that's for another day and blog post.

I am so happy to report that my loops jumps actually getting air time woot, woot....next is to tackle my flip jump I did land a nice one today but there is plenty of room for improvement.  My flip jump is now a hit or miss since I am not working to much on jumps right now but more on moves.  Gearing up to test soon and I don't want to be bombarded with other nemesis tormenting.  Just want to think positive and no matter what happens at the next test session, I am ok with it!!! Move on to the next or Retry.

Power Class:
My next challenge.  My coach thinks is a great idea to start power class this summer.  This class will help me with speed and endurance form and moves. I am hoping that I can survive - since I've heard its intense...I don't want to make a fool out of myself and two carried out on a stretcher.  Again, have to think positive and I will get through it.  Looking forward to summer skating full of training, practices and lots of fun.

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" by Walt Disney
Happy Skating

No comments:

Post a Comment