Friday, May 3, 2013

When the going gets tough!


May 2, 2012
I was feeling a bit frustrated and a sense of what am I doing?...is it time to hang my skates?    but with the support of my fellow adult skaters who share same thoughts and feelings as me, they said this: "don't give up when it gets tough or frustrating - go out there and do something different beside what's making you frustrated.  Indeed this is so true and that is exactly what I did.

Today's Skating Lesson:
I stepped into the ice with no expectations thinking to myself is it really worth it all the pain, injury, failures and not to mention financial worries?  But, I swallowed my pride and did practiced my MIF and skated elements that I felt I am good at which took my mind off of what was frustrating me.  I did have a good skate and lesson!!! I've been thru hell and back with training since last year and all the injuries finally feeling close to normalcy and looking forward to testing this season.

Did my run through of my free skate since Sectionals and hamstring recovery and to my surprise my coach was very pleased with my program, jumps and especially my *back spin*  thanks to all my skating peeps who gave me the best tips ever!!! it really helped me a lot.  She was mostly impressed with my sit spin which was centered and low.  My coach doesn't tell me often how well I am doing, but when she does its a good thing!!!


I have to work a little bit more on my free skate and try to correct some stroking, stronger knee bend and crosscuts, which is an issue when I see myself skating on video.  These are basic elements that have to be corrected now and will result in a well balance program in the long run.  Its not a bad thing to go back to basics once and in a while....I know its been years for but I enjoy doing basic skills no matter what level.  Sometimes, we get a bit carried away with spins, jumps etc. and we tend to forget the simplest elements.

Note to self:
When the going gets tough....the "tough" gets going!!!
  Sometimes its does get hard and overwhelming at one point or another...but with skating it comes with the territory.  Never give up!! no matter how hard it is...you've come thus far to just throw it all way....I say; "determination, perseverance and lots of patients" 



Live Your Dreams To Its Fulliest
Happy Skating

No comments:

Post a Comment