Thursday, August 1, 2013

Now Comes Silver MIF

Took me a year to train and pass my bronze moves in the field (MIF) though it was tough, but got the courage and I did it.  Now comes Silver MIF they say the higher the level the harder it gets, this is very true. These moves are hard and dangerous if performed incorrectly.  This is why I am breaking these moves one by one...step by step.

Skating ISI and USFS are mostly similar in elements and moves but skated in a different pattern...I am so glad I tested ISI because I have a better insight now that I am testing USFS.  For example: the 8 step mohawk sequence in ISI FS3 is the same in Silver as well as the FS 4 dance step is the inside and outside right and left back 3 turn sequence similar as in Silver.

Today's lesson
Went well, pretty much worked on light stuff...since I am recovering from my knee injury.  My jumps are getting better and same with my back spin....I am so glad I decided to wait and test my free skate in November.  In the mean while, as I heal my knee today coach is gearing me up for my Silver MIF.  I am confident I will get these moves.  There's always 1 or 2 moves that from the bat are going to be a nemesis; mine are the *back cross strokes* which are hard and scary. I almost had a dangerous fall when I was skating my 8 step mohawk....talking about saving myself....yep totally insane!!! I am so glad that I don't have to do any circle 8s.

Adult Silver Moves in the Field Test
Candidates must skate the correct steps and turns on good edges showing good
form, continuous flow and strength, and preciseness to their steps.

1. Eight-step mohawk sequence
2. Forward and backward free skating cross strokes
3. FO-BI three-turns in the field
4. FI-BO three-turns in the field
5. Consecutive outside and inside spirals
6. Forward and backward power change of edge pulls
One element may be retried, if necessary.

Some times I wonder about myself and why I do this....well because I love skating and enjoy the challenge. This in the long run will make me a better skater.  I have my work cut for me...but I am ready for this. I know it will take time and with patience it will get easier.

Happy Skating

4 comments:

  1. You will rock the test when you're ready for it. :) Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet, you are always so supportive. I will write more about my experience and I am sure I will have good days and bad for sure. I hope that when I am ready to test (next year) it wont be so challenging.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You're going to be great.

    Silver moves is what did me in- I just could not get the 8 step mohawk (ironically, I passed ISI with the same steps, and had it in my program for years- but the speed and power required on silver were so different, and I couldn't do it). Then they added the spirals and an injury prevents me from doing them, so I bowed out.

    The first time I managed to do the power pulls all the way through with nice rip noises was such a sense of accomplishment though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jessim....how is the boating?? So sorry to hear about your experience with silver moves....they are hard and challenging this is for sure. I am praying to keep going injury free, hehehe....not holding my breath. I will go slow and one element at a time.

      Delete