Thursday, August 22, 2013

Second Opinion

Feeling a bit frustrated because I just got my results from the doctor and it seems the pain that I've been suffering for quite some time is actually "vertebra subluxation" and "hip displacement".(right side)....in english terms; my right hip is pushed forward and my left hip is back.....subluxation; my back and neck is out of alignment.....how fun ...:( all due to falling on the ice thru out the years.

What happens now....I have a lot of thinking to do; 1. treatment is going to cost me out of pocket $3,000.00 which at this time I can not afford it, even if they break it down in payments, its still kind of steep....2. Still thinking.  3. I am debating whether to seek a second opinion. 

Feeling so frustrated and I really don't know what to do....sometimes I just feel like giving it all up.

Skating Recap:
Had a lesson on Monday, which went very well....coach was very pleased with my loop jump and finally I heard it from her very own words...."now that loop jump is a "pass" !!!! So, excited and pleased with myself despite my skating practices have been shortened due to $$$$ but still manage to skate during the week.

I am progressing moderately well... knowing that I have to deal with this pain on my backside.  I am limiting myself the amount of sit spins since I've noticed that it aggravates my back even more.  It prevents me from stretching forward and dropping lower into the sit spin hoping for the best and keeping an open mind and just skating forward.  Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Life is bigger than self
Happy Skating



2 comments:

  1. I had the exact same problem. I'm not sure if yours is much worse or something, but there's no reason for the cost to fix it to be so high even considering your private health care (I'm Canadian) because I also pay out of pocket for insurance for what I'm going to suggest and I certainly didn't pay anywhere near that much... see a physiotherapist. A good one. Ask around. Mine "encouraged" my hip back into place (physically manipulated it) and also gave me tons of exercises and stretches to do to correct this. Make sure you find someone who's going to work on you, not just attach some sort of machine (mine did TENS as well, but not only that) to you. He also did my back and I swear to god that when I got up I felt three inches taller.

    I read your blog casually but this hit home so much for me that I had to comment because seeing that physiotherapist was the best thing I ever did for myself. My insurance covered 200 I think and I paid out of pocked probably 300 dollars. At 50 a pop, that means it took all of 10 visits to completely change my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and advice so appreciate it!! and thanks for reading too :) I did call my doctor and they worked out a plan that now I am happy with $150 per month 1 visit per week for 8 weeks...it includes PT, massage, adjustment and conditioning. I think will go for it because I really need to correct my body!!!

      I am keeping a positive mind-set that it will work out for the best and that I can be pain free and enjoy life and skate.

      Diana
      Happy Skating

      Delete