Friday, August 30, 2013

The *Beast* has been conquered

To many skaters share this phrase which may refer to may elements in figure skating....but for me its the back scratch spin and/or the backspin.  Have to admit I do not stand alone on this one many share my agony, all the practices and falls day in and day out.   This back scratch spin is the nemesis to all from low level to the elite skaters.

THE BEAST HAS BEEN CONQUERED!!!!!
*Back Spin*

Yes, finally this beast was finally mastered yesterday, and I did have witnesses, which lots of folks always like to say "oh sure, where is the video" or "if coach didn't see it, its not valid" well I have to share that I did have multiple witnesses, because my reaction alone will describe my *happy dance* making a fool out of myself on the ice, but it was so worth it.....and yes, I did repeat it a couple of times throughout my practice just to test myself and see if its was just a fluke.

I am not out of the woods yet...though I will celebrate my accomplishment it will only last for a short time...until I can put into my free skate and test my Bronze in November, I am optimistic and keeping positive and working to stay injury free....this is why I am not pushing myself or stressing.  What happens, happens and that's final, I am okay with.

Going skating today, and if I can get a video, I will definitely post it on here!!  

Happy Skating



2 comments:

  1. We are testing together in NOvember...and passing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading !!! You know we got this in the bag....but dont want to get my hopes up to high lol....but as time progresses...I am feeling much more confident. So glad it waited.

      Delete