Monday, October 30, 2017

2017 Orlando ISI Adult Championships Re-cap

What an amazing weekend at the 2017 ISI Adult Championships!! I have no words to say how happy I was to meet, skate with such amazing skaters.  The support and unity from the adult skating community is overwhelming and I will cherish for ever.  I am truly blessed to have had this opportunity to skate amongst the very best skaters.  I finally got to meet my dearest friends from facebook, near and far...what a joyous experience.

I am so proud of  ALL RDV Adult Skaters who 
skated so well...y'all truly represent!!
#rdvsportsplexiceden #adultchamps

Competition recap: Open Silver FS 4-FS5
It was a tough week for me with work and didn't even get to practice my programs not even once!!  I told myself, I will just have to go out there and give IT my best shot.   I really thought about scratching for the mear fact that I knew deep down I was not going to place well.....but I suck it up and said "skate for you and nobody else, and it's not about the medal but the experience"
Artistic Program: Short Program
Phantom of the Opera "Music Of The Night"
I enjoyed this program so much, even though I was tied 5th place out of 6 in our group, for me it was "GOLDEN"
View Video: https://youtu.be/YN06ddFqLIU

Open Freestyle:  Long program:
Scent of a Woman "Por Una Cabeza"
Deep down inside I knew my long program was not up to level, but I just wanted to put it out there and skate it no matter what.  During my warm-up I took a bad fall and hurt both knees and landed flat on my chest and stomach!! It happen so fast that it knocked the wind out of me....pretty sure you all know the "toe pick" demon dive or aka "superman dive"  I heard my daughter and Saundra yell "get up, get up...its okay...you got this"  and sure enough I got up and skated (pained and bruised) and did it!! Enjoyed every minute of my program AND I ROCKED IT!!

View Video: https://youtu.be/lSLlOAtKAFQ
I placed 6th overall.....I felt like crying when I saw my name at the bottom (this is a first for me) :(  I knew why I placed 6th and I am humbled with my results.  I two footed the landing on my loop jump and my backspin was MIA dratz!!

Special Thanks:
A special thank  you to my coach Kristen, for coaching me and who got me ready for this competition in such a short time!!  Thank you to all the coaches, volunteers and judges for their time and dedication to this sport.  Thank you to RDV SPORTSPLEX ICE DEN FOR HOSTING THIS AMAZING EVENT!!!

We all think back after every competition, when it's over....I should have done this, I could have changed this, but next time I WILL SKATE even BETTER!!  


HAPPY SKATING!! 
ADULT EASTERN SECTIONALS 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment