Saturday, November 11, 2017

Its Flippin Time Again

After Adult Champs, I decided to get in gear and work on my FLIP jumps again, and focus on getting stronger and cleaner jumps.  I've put that jump in the back burner for a long time, and now its time to re-gain back my muscle memory and back to basics.

Its funny, the jump(s) we dislike or fear...is hardly ever practiced, same goes with my spins...I tend to work on elements that I feel comfortable doing and later for the rest...haha, but sooner or later it will come back and bite you in the ____!!

TIPS TO REMEMBER:
  • DONT rush the jump (my first problem)
  • Strong knee bend on the 3 turn (right arm back)
  • Hold the edge (this is where I have issue) hint; think of it like your doing a salcow
  • PIVOT motion when toe pick hits the ice and ready to take off
  • Keep free leg in front!! (my nemesis)
  • Land it, toe, edge and glide
When I compare my flip from like 2 years ago and today, I can see big improvement.  Since competition I've been practicing and I must say I like the results, few more practices and eventually I would like to put the flip jump back in my programs!!  My most recent video this week.

HAPPY SKATING

No comments:

Post a Comment