Thursday, January 16, 2020

Goals For 2020

How times flies these past 10 months - I was at a point where I couldn't even walk from the living room to the kitchen without getting short of breath, terrible pain in my bones and body internally not to mention the memory loss and brain fog on a daily basis. Despite it all - skating is my medicine and therapy.


I don't know about you all, but there's something about the ice that makes me feel so good when I skate "Free Spirit". Though I have my limitations, I find that skating, (the little times I've skated recently), it has helped with my health, physically and mentally. 

I felt good to skate since I recovered from this cold. Took it very slow, skated some edges and stroking...did a few spins and small jumps. I am being extra cautious and maybe a little paranoid at times (don't want to fall break my bones), but I guess it comes with the territory. 

I Have Goals: 
To be in remission 
Routine follow-up with doctors, MRI and Echocardiogram.
To be able to drive again. 
Start back lessons with my coach. 
Skate in the Spring Show God willing. 
Compete Adult Nationals 2021 

"Always remember to never give up no matter the challenges, follow your dreams and fight everyday to achieve it"

#Lupuswarrior #Autoimmunedisease #RheumatoidArthritis #Neuropathy #ISkateforLupus #adultfigureskater #adultsskatetoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment