Saturday, July 10, 2021

Back On The Ice After One Year

Wow, I can't believe its been a year since my last post. How time flies!!

UPATE:
Though my health is not 100% where it needs to be, not in remission. Still getting testing every 3 months, it's so frustrating but it has to be done. My neuropathy, is somewhat controlled, however, something I have to live with of course.
Good news!! I got the Moderna shot back in May and June. 

Skated Last Night 7/9/2021

As I drove to the rink and got to the parking lot, I have to say, that I got butterflies in my stomach, that feeling, a sense of anxiety and fear all at once. Is this even normal? I only get like this for a competition.

It was so nice to see everyone!! I was truly missed for sure. Skated with my daughter Christina, she is an amazing skater and great support.

Skated around a few laps, stroking, cross rolls, and some edges. I did have to take a few 10 min breaks because my heart rate was going to fast, so had to slow it down. Half hour into it, I felt warmed up and faced my fears of jumping and to tell you the truth it felt so great!! 

I totally forgot all my techniques and muscle memory (will have to take out my journals and go over my notes).  

Even though I jumped and did some spins, I was so happy that I can actually do it. Not my best jumps like I use to do, but its okay, I know my limitations and moving forward, I will take in the moment and have no expectations.

PS: I AM TOTALLY OUT OF SHAPE LOL!!

Back to basics skills it is!! And no competitions for the near future!! I have a long ways to go, but with time and patience, I will get there.  Here is a short video of my skate. Enjoy!!


No matter the situation you're in, everything takes time to work itself out. Patience is key!! 

Never give up hope!!

#lupuswarrior #fightforacure #adultfigureskater 

No comments:

Post a Comment