Monday, August 9, 2021

Switch To Ice Dance?

Over the weekend I had the chance to think about what I want to do with skating moving forward. I would love to start taking lessons again but I ask myself, what is my goal? Do I just want to skate for recreation or other reasons?

A lovely and talented ice dance skater suggested, if I would be open to switching from free skate to ice dance. Wow, I didn't even think of that!! This really opened my mind to the possibilities, something to think about considering my health issues, it will be easier on my body and avoid injury, don't get me wrong, you will fall with ice dance too. There is no ways about it.

It's funny, because when I first started skating, my lessons consisted of ISI Dance. I skated up to the dutch waltz and soon after my coach switch me to freestyle. 

The only issue with ice dance, is that I will have to start new, possibly test and maybe compete. Should I go with ISI or USFSA? Do I want to put myself through the stress and anxiety? Decisions, decisions.  I would love to hear your suggestions. 

Let me sign off with a good note: I skated this weekend and I had a great time, also met new friends, it's always nice to meet new friends!! Well, we will see what happens in the future!! Keeping positive, healthy and fight for remission.

Happy Skating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment