Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Finally Recovered From Back and Knee Injury

Since my last post, I was looking forward to getting my first lesson of the year and unfortunately, I suffered a back injury non-skating related.  I was doing laundry and a t-shirt fell on the floor and went to pick it up and boom - snap my back went out. I was in tears from the pain!! I said, "this cannot be happening to me right now" 

I tried everything to ease the pain but to no avail. To make matters worse, I couldn't take any Ibuprofen or Advil etc. due to the medication I am currently taking for autoimmune disease. I called my acupuncture doctor and to my surprise he retired, great!! Had to call around to find a reputable acupuncturist and I did, gave her a call and stated treatment right away!! Long story short, couple of weeks treatment and was back to my normal self. 

So I decided to skate, and I was just stroking and skating some back edges and all of a sudden had an odd, awkward fall, it was like my knees went the opposite direction when I fell, it was like a plop and sat on the ice, it didn't even hurt at the moment but by the time I got home my left  knee was hurting.  Had it checked out and so happens I strained my MCL, had to wear a knee brace, get some therapy, light exercise.  A few weeks passed and now feeling much better. 

Update:
Yesterday was my second lesson with my coach and it was a good lesson. 

I am experiencing a lack of confidence in my skating. Coach said to give it time, its the result of being away from the ice for a longtime...it's normal and I am not alone, many skaters are experiencing the same thing. Well, guess time will tell, patience...it will come back.  Praying!!

PS: I purchased new blades Yea!!! John Wilson "Coronation Ace" now to work on getting use to them, which is a very scary feeling.  

#johnwilsonblades #usfigureskater #adultfigureskater

No comments:

Post a Comment